While it’s nice to bring home tried and tested pasalubong items to loved ones back home, there are other options—that aren’t always the thing people would expect you to carry—that are too awesome to miss out on.
We’ve rounded 10 of the coolest ones, as featured on Go Lokal’s Facebook Page. Check them out:
- Aiko bamboo watch from Kawayan. This Philippine-brand creates eco-friendly bamboo watches using sustainable and durable materials to produce all-wood watch straps and frames. The watches are splash- and water-resistant, and they look gorgeous. What more could you ask for?
- Sampaguita soap from Hiraya Organika. This all-natural soap promises to alleviate skin problems such as melasma, uneven skin tone, and other skin discolorations. The Natural Skincareselect Skin Sampaguita Soap combines sampaguita extract and oil with other clinically-tested natural skin lightening ingredients to give users a healthy and fair-looking skin.
3. Wooden kitchenware from Grood Wood & Co. This local shop offers customized wooden boards and cooking tools to satisfy any kitchen needs. Not only do their products look gorgeous, they are also the perfect pasalubong for just about anyone.
4. Spanish-style sardines from Just Got Homemade (JGH Products). The brand is a Bulacan-based manufacturer and distributor of foods that have become a part of Filipino families’ dining experience. The company currently sells Spanish-style sardines, as well as atsara, crispy mushrooms, and other gourmet products.
5. Handmade baskets from Fulgosino’s Handicraft. You can never go wrong with a touch of native vibe to your room. These handmade baskets are made from abaca and buri, which are known as durable raw materials. This local shop offers baskets of different sizes and colors, so there’s something for everyone.
6. Freeze-dried fruits from Justfruitph. This brand is the first manufacturer of freeze-dried fruit in the local market. Committing to providing Filipinos with healthy and natural fruit snacks, the company also supports local farmers by sourcing raw products from them. Their nutritious crispy fruit chips retain 98% of all nutrients and the taste of pure mango, pineapple, banana, coconut, and dragon fruit.
7. Poncho from La Herminia Piña Weaving Industry. It’s time to upgrade your shawl to this colorful poncho while the weather is still pretty windy. This cover-up is made from real cotton and piña fibers, which means it gives the right amount of coverage without making you sweat.
8. Coconut shell (plant) pant hanger from Lolo Bobby Handicraft. This planter is great for small spaces such as bedrooms, study rooms, and balcony area. It allows plantitos and plantitas to hang their air plants and succulents in a cool and secure manner.
9. Organica Goat’s milk soap from H&W Ventures. This soap features goats milk, along with oatmeal and tea tree. Made with 100% organic ingredients, this uniquely formulated mild soap is perfect for those with dry and sensitive skin. It also contains essential oils such as tea tree, peppermint and patchouli for better skin protection, skin rejuvenation and relaxation.
10. Pure & Best Milk from Hacienda Macalauan Inc. Each pack of this rich and creamy fresh cow’s milk contains pasteurized and homogenized farm fresh milk. It’s an excellent source of calcium. “Pure and Best Milk” is available in Plain, Low-fat, Choco, Vanilla, Strawberry and Melon flavors.