CapitaLand’s wholly owned lodging business unit, The Ascott Limited, has been recognized as the “Leading Serviced Apartment Brand” at this year’s World Travel Awards for Asia and Europe. Ascott has received these top honors for both Asia and Europe for the fifth consecutive year.
Ascott emerged the biggest winner among the serviced residence players at the prestigious World Travel Awards for Asia and Europe with 18 accolades in total. Ascott Bonifacio Global City Manila bagged the “Asia’s Leading Serviced Apartments” award while Ascott Makati won the “Philippines’ Leading Serviced Apartments” award. Voted by tourism professionals and business and leisure travelers worldwide, winners of the annual World Travel Awards are globally recognized as hallmarks of industry excellence.
Alfred Ong, Ascott’s head for global operations, said: “Being recognized again as the top serviced apartment brand in Asia and Europe is an affirmation of the quality and excellence that Ascott offers to our guests and partners. Throughout the COVID-19 situation, our guests remained as our top priority, thanks to our dedicated employees who selflessly ensure that Ascott provides a safe home away from home for our guests. To give our guests a peace of mind, we launched our ‘Ascott Cares’ commitment to deliver stringent hygiene and cleanliness measures. We have also partnered with Bureau Veritas to provide independent audits of the hygiene and safety standards of our properties worldwide.”
Despite the uncertainties of the COVID-19 pandemic, Ascott’s staff displayed unwavering passion to care for the guests’ safety and well-being, earning heartfelt appreciation from guests from around the world. Ascott’s staff looked into every detail of the guest experience, including putting in extra effort to step up cleaning and disinfection at the properties, particularly the high touch areas; taking precautions to ensure safe distancing; and enhancing food safety protocols for meals to guests.
“To reward our guests for their support, we launched several initiatives including an Elite Status match for members of Ascott Star Rewards (ASR), Ascott’s loyalty program. Guests can also download the new ‘Discover ASR’ mobile app to unlock a world of conveniences, gaining access to greater value, flexibility and enhance their experience with Ascott. We will continue to raise our standards of excellence to set new benchmarks in the hospitality industry,” Ong added.
Ascott and its properties were conferred the following awards for Europe and Asia at the Winners Day held virtually on November 2 and 3, 2020, respectively:
World Travel Awards Asia 2020:
- Asia’s Leading Serviced Apartment Brand: The Ascott Limited
- Singapore’s Leading Serviced Apartment Brand: The Ascott Limited
- Hong Kong’s Leading Serviced Apartment Brand: The Ascott Limited
- Malaysia’s Leading Serviced Apartment Brand: The Ascott Limited
- Philippines’ Leading Serviced Apartment Brand: Ascott The Residence
- Vietnam’s Leading Serviced Apartment Brand: The Ascott Limited
- Asia’s Leading Serviced Apartments: Ascott Bonifacio Global City Manila
- China’s Leading Serviced Apartments: Ascott Raffles City Chengdu
- Japan’s Leading Serviced Apartments: Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo
- Philippines’ Leading Serviced Apartments: Ascott Makati
- Vietnam’s Leading Serviced Apartments: Somerset Grand Hanoi
World Travel Awards Europe 2020:
- Europe’s Leading Serviced Apartment Brand: The Crest Collection
- France’s Leading Serviced Apartment Brand: Citadines Apart’ hotel
- Germany’s Leading Serviced Apartment Brand: Citadines Apart’ hotel
- Europe’s Leading Serviced Apartments: La Clef Champs-Elysées Paris
- Belgium’s Leading Serviced Apartments: Citadines Sainte-Catherine Brussels
- Spain’s Leading Serviced Apartments: Citadines Ramblas Barcelona
- Turkey’s Leading Serviced Apartments: Somerset Maslak Istanbul
In October 2020, Ascott won the “Best Serviced Residence Brand” at the Business Traveller Asia-Pacific Awards 2020 for 17 consecutive years since the award category was introduced in 2004. Ascott also received the “Best Serviced Residence Brand” for three consecutive years at the Business Traveller Middle East Awards 2020. The Business Traveller Awards recognize the best in the travel and hospitality industry as voted by readers of the Business Traveller magazine who are frequent business travelers.
Ascott also recently won the silver award in the “Customer Experience Mystery Shopper Web Chat” category and the bronze award in the “Customer Experience Mystery Shopper Email” category at the 20th International Contact Center Awards 2020 organized by the Contact Center Association of Singapore. The awards recognize the best contact centers, contact center programs and professionals in Singapore and across the region.
For a full list of awards, please visit https://www.the-ascott.com/ascottlimited/awards.html.