SM Hotels and Conventions Corp. (SMHCC), on top of the best practices it has continuously performed in each of its properties, goes above and beyond, more so in this time of COVID-19 pandemic and as the hospitality industry adjusts to the new normal.
Additional proactive and precautionary actions crucial to the safety and security of each guest and staff have been implemented. These points, along with prospective innovations and applications in operations, encompass and comprise the goals of SMHCC’s “SustainablySafe” initiative, the ultimate goal of which is to provide guests with the utmost safety and quality of experience.
“For SMHCC, hospitality surpasses the confines of the walls of a hotel. Exceptional service has never just been limited to the corners of a convention center,” said Peggy E. Angeles, SMHCC’s executive vice president. “We have always believed in the nation’s undying spirit. Our vision and mission are deeply founded upon the unique brand of Filipino hospitality, resilience, and passion. Certainly, we take pride in the fact that our properties have imbibed this to the very core of their service culture. This is why we have confidence in our united healing, both as a community and as one of the Philippines’ foremost hotel and convention companies.”
SMHCC hotels, which include Conrad Manila, Taal Vista Hotel, Radisson Blu Cebu, Park Inn by Radisson Davao, Clark, SM North Edsa and Iloilo, and Pico Sands Hotel are currently adopting these health protocols in their respective properties:
- Temperature reading and hand sanitation at the entrance;
- Disinfection of reception desks before attending to each guest;
- Staff wears masks, gloves, face shields, and other PPEs at all times when on-duty;
- Fill-up of health and travel history forms upon check-in or registration;
- Sanitation of room keys and disinfection of hotel vehicles before the use of each guest;
- Periodic disinfection and deep cleaning of high traffic (like lobbies, facilities, function rooms, and food outlets) and touch areas (like handles and handrails, elevator panes, remote controls, light switches, and toilet fixtures);
- Laundry is cleaned by DOH-accredited providers, where linen is processed at 83°C to kill microbial life that causes disease or the fermentation of bacteria;
- Conducting 24-hour continuous fresh air intake in all guest rooms and corridors to ensure the best possible air ventilation to deter contamination and transmission;
- Tableware are sanitized through dishwashing machines as opposed to the typical practice using sinks to avoid contact and ensure complete cleanliness;
- Firm execution of social distancing among staff, who will also assist, enable, and ensure that guests are able to practice social distancing in all areas of the property.
Undoubtedly, strategic measures to ensure business continuity have been put in place. Clearly, SMHCC’s properties will be more than equipped to bounce back after the lifting of the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ).
These activities and efforts have so far just been the beginning. SMHCC incessantly pursues the highest standards of excellence and adheres to stringent protocols that meet international standards. The company is geared towards institutionalizing industry best practices as the world redefines and adapts to the new normal. Moreover, the company continues to reach out through actionable programs as its properties stand confident and strong as a haven of hope and comfort for their guests amid the crises. With an unmatched passion, SMHCC seeks to assure each staff, guest, and member of the community that in each step we take toward recovery, growth, and change, we do so together.